A word for crowds talk while someone is lecturing !!?

What's the English word for the times that somebody is talking for a group or crowd in a meeting or sth as a lecturer and suddenly the whole crowd starts talking and no one listens for a short while to the lecturer ! Is there a word for this!?

4 Answer(s)

I'm not aware of a word. People always resort to trying to do something when they're bored. Total disassociation? Mass interruption? Collective conversation?

If the talk is meant to stop or disrupt the lecture, the word for the action would be heckle.

Is there a word for it in your language? I doubt it.